SHEFFIELD OLYMPIC LEGACY PARK
Address: Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park, Worksop Road, Sheffield S9 3TL
Asset Class: Life Sciences
Industry Focus: Sport, Health and Wellbeing
Size: Zone 1 Masterplan comprising up to 92,900 sq m (1m sq ft) of commercial space
Partners: Sheffield City Council, Legacy Park Ltd, Scarborough Group International
Opportunity: Investment partner/end user/occupation opportunities
Status: Outline planning due to be submitted for the Zone 1 Masterplan late summer 2023
Located within South Yorkshire’s Innovation District on the site of the former Don Valley Stadium in Attercliffe; the flagship athletics venue for the 1991 World Student Games and a once-thriving industrial area at the heart of the City’s world-famous steel industry, Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park is an economic regeneration project on a nationally significant scale.
Inspired by the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park was established with over £100m of public funding to deliver a tangible legacy of whole-population improvements in health and wellbeing by bringing together expertise from academia, elite sport, the NHS, alongside public and private sector organisations.
Spearheaded by Legacy Park Ltd, a unique partnership of seven key public sector organisations and leading property regeneration and placemaking specialist, Scarborough Group International, Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park is an ecosystem that harnesses knowledge and innovation to drive transformational change on a local, national and international level.
Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park is anchored by the city’s leading sports, education and research facilities, attracting businesses to co-locate, collaborate and innovate.
- English Institute of Sport in Sheffield – The largest multi-sports centre in the UK and also home to many sporting National Governing Bodies.
- iceSheffield – An arena with two Olympic-size ice pads and seating for 1,500 people.
- Utilita Arena Sheffield – The largest conference, exhibition and banqueting space in Sheffield, with capacity for up to 13,600 people.
- Community Stadium – A 750-seat covered grandstand with full-size, professional quality outdoor 3G pitch and ancillary facilities, alongside a range of high-quality, traditional and managed workspace environments for start-ups and scale-ups.
- Park Community Arena - Developed by Canon Medical Systems, the Park Community Arena is the UK’s first carbon-neutral built community sports and event arena with an integrated Medical Diagnostic Centre.
- Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre – Sheffield Hallam University’s research centre dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the population.
- National Centre for Sport Exercise and Medicine – An Olympic legacy programme focused on the design, implementation and evaluation of whole-system approaches to the promotion of physical activity.
- National Centre of Excellence for Food Engineering – Sheffield Hallam University’s innovation centre focused on providing a critical link between health, nutrition and industry-focussed engineering solutions.
- Oasis Academy Don Valley - a coeducational academy for students between the ages of 2 to 16 years for nursery, primary, and secondary school.
- UTC Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park – a purpose-built academy and sixth form specialising in computing, health sciences and social care, and sport science.
Scarborough Group International has signed an initial Development and Acquisition Agreement with Sheffield City Council to enable the delivery of a Zone 1 masterplan area of 80 acres around the existing assets to transform Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park into a unique life sciences campus designed to inspire, nurture and empower the next generation of entrepreneurs and scientific breakthroughs in the sport, health and wellbeing sectors.
The Zone 1 masterplan comprises up to 1,000,000 sq ft of commercial space, ranging from offices, laboratories, leisure and retail, and has a forecast GDV of over £500,000,000.
Future assets include:
- Innovation Centre - High-quality, flexible accommodation for start-ups and scale-ups looking to accelerate their growth plans.
- Move-On Building - State-of-the-art workspace for established SMEs looking to grow and move into larger accommodation but still tap into the Park’s first-class facilities and thriving ecosystem.
- National Centre for Child Health Technology - A ground-breaking facility set to have a major impact on child health and the NHS by helping to develop the world’s most advanced and integrated healthcare system for children and young people.
Situated just minutes from the M1, 10 minutes from Sheffield train station and within 90 minutes of four international airports, Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park is ideally located for occupancy by national and international SME’s and large organisations.
For more information visit sheffieldolympiclegacypark.co.uk