South Yorkshire's strategic assets
The Global Innovation Cluster (GIC) connects assets across prime capabilities; Advanced Manufacturing, Health and Wellbeing, Energy and Digital such as:
- Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District (AMID)
- Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC)
- Advanced Transport and Infrastructure National College
- Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre (AWRC)
- AMP Technology Centre
- Barnsley’s Digital Media Centre
- High Potential Opportunities
- iPort, Doncaster
- Logistics Corridor
- Low Carbon Hub
- Medical Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (MAMRC)
- National Centre of Excellence for Food Engineering
- Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park
- The University of Sheffield Energy Institute, comprising of: Advanced Resource Efficiency Centre (AREC), Centre for Research into Electrical Energy Storage and applications (CREESA), Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (NAMRC), Pilot-scale Advanced C02 Capture Technology (PACT) and Sheffield Siemens Renewable Energy Research Centre.
- UKAEA Fusion Technology Facility
We are focused on creating conditions for growth, therefore supporting the commercialisation of innovation is our priority.
We deliver an intelligence-led approach to scale-up businesses, boost competitiveness of new and existing sectors, widen trade aspirations and develop platforms for innovation districts to flourish.
We want to do business with people, places and companies that share our ambition of lasting, long term and mutually productive relationships.